On my grad student budget and schedule, I’m always trying to find cheap and quick food options, that are also tasty and healthy!
Sound difficult? It is.
This recipe I’m using today is from Picky Palate, a blog I absolutely love! Her photos of the Chicken, Arugula, and Hummus Tart were making me drool, and since the ingredients were healthy and affordable, I thought I’d give it a try.
I was not disappointed! The yummy flavors made me reminisce on living in Northern Italy, and it made a lot of servings to last through out the week.
Here we go:
- 1 package/2 sheets Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 cup Sabra Hummus, I used Roasted Garlic
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment or a silpat liner.
- Unfold puff pastry and slice each sheet into thirds. Place each piece onto baking sheets, spacing about 1 or 2 inches apart.
- On each puff pastry piece, spread a thin layer of hummus, top evenly with shredded chicken pieces, arugula leaves, roasted red peppers and mozzarella cheese. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until cheese is melted and pastry is puffed and golden. Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes then serve warm!
It says it makes six servings! Depending on who you’re feeding, it may give you a little more or less.
Guys, these were amazing. Full of flavor and it only took me ten minutes to put together. Highly recommend!